Join Newton Running Elite
Team Alchemy is an elite Colorado-based running team supported by Newton Running with strong ties to its local community. We are made up of runners of all ages and specialties who race at an elite level in addition to holding full time jobs.
We selected Colorado-based athletes in 2011 to be on the founding team, and began accepting applications outside of Colorado in 2012. Athletes must have a full-time job and train and race in Newton Running shoes. Athletes must race regularly, consistently place high in regional events, and have the capacity for podium finishes in their age group at the National level. Most importantly, athletes must be great team players and have a passion for running and imparting that joy to others. We’re looking for people who run for the love of it and enjoy racing at and elite level.
In addition to the above mandatory qualifications, we are looking for athletes who are capable of the general guidelines in his/her specialty:
If your race focus is on the marathon:
- Must be capable of a sub 2:35 marathon for men and sub 2:50 for women
- Half-marathon: 1hr 10 minutes for men and 1 hour 20 minutes for women
If your race focus is on the track:
- 1500 meters: 3:55 for men and 4:40 for women
- 3,000 meter steeplechase: 9:30 for men and 10:30 for women
- 5,000 meters: 14:30 for men and 17:00 for women
- 10,000 meters: 29:30 for men and 34:30 for women
If your race focus is on Masters/Trail/Ultra Running:
- Must be competitive, top age group finisher at the national level